Thursday, August 13, 2009

China Top Ten

Top Ten (in no particular order):

1) Playing 5-a-side football with and against guys from all over the world. I made some good mates!

2) Getting kicked in the head during an all in brawl whilst playing football! Who would have thought there was some truth to the stereotype about Chinese people and Kung Fu

3) Travelling throughout the Tibetan lands in Yunnan, Sichuan and Gansu.

4) Hanging out with Renko and his family in the grasslands of Langmusi

5) Teaching my Chinese kids English and a little about life too.

6) Learning about life and myself, with the help of my students

7) Yoga!! I would return tomorrow to Beijing just to go to a class at Yoga Yard. God I miss that place.

8) My local fruit sellers. Lovely people and ready to serve 24/7. By the end they would pick out the best Xia Guar (watermelon) and save it for me!! Great People

9) Gan Bien Dou Ja, Bu Fang La.

10) The lifestyle. Having the time to go to Yoga every morning before work, eating out twice a day everyday, going out with good mates, hanging out with cool students, going for massages whenever I wanted, etc

The list could go on. All in All, China was great. It wasn’t all sunshine and lolly pops, but those dark times led to some huge breakthroughs and some very happy times.

I do miss it greatly.

No comments: